DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAW FIRM is a personal data controller and in this respect complies with the provisions of the applicable legislation (General Data Protection Regulation – Regulation (EU) 2016/679, Personal Data Protection Act, etc.)
Contacts of DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAW FIRM
Sofia, 1000, 17 Moskovska Str., fl. 3
Phone: +359 2 450 90 90
Legal basis for processing personal data:
DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAW FIRM collects and processes your personal data on the following grounds: when you use our website, when entering into a contract for legal services with us, upon submission of a client’s request for legal advice and as a result of the legal relationship with us, or as a result of contact with our employees and clients, or otherwise as a result of our activity as legal consultants and attorneys.
Categories of personal data:
- Name, Personal Identification number, address, ID card, business area, information about your company, your position, affiliation and relationship with an organization or other entity, etc.
- Contact information such as email address, telephone number, correspondence mailing address, Skype / Viber / WhatsApp ID contacts, LinkedIn profile, etc.
- Accounting information and information related to payment and transfers.
- Personal information provided to us by the client or on behalf of the client in connection with the legal services to which we are engaged (which may include sensitive data or special categories of data).
- Information collected while using our site.
- Other personal information provided by clients.
In cases where we require personal information from you, this personal information is necessary to execute the services you have assigned to us.
- Personal data of third parties in connection with the legal case you have assigned to us – in these cases, we ask you to notify those parties, when possible and prior providing their personal data informing them about the key terms and conditions under which we shall process their personal data in accordance with our policy.
DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAW FIRM collects and processes personal data for the following purposes:
- drafting and signing of a contract for legal assistance and a power of attorney, and issuing an accounting document- invoice;
- in connection with the fulfillment of our obligations under the signed contract for legal assistance, in view of the specifics of the particular case: preparation and filing of a lawsuit, claim, complaint, signal; preparation of a contract, power of attorney, notary deed, declarations, notices, reports, applications, company documents, legal representation, etc .;
- inquiries and references to the state institutions, public registers, courts and tribunals, and executive agencies and other public bodies, public and private bailiffs, notaries, etc. relevant to the legal case and the preparation of the relevant documentation;
- to establish and conduct communication with you during the operation of the contract between us and after its termination;
The legal basis on which we process your data are:
- the conclusion and execution of a contract for legal assistance, as well as for the protection of our legitimate interests in connection with the contract;
- compliance with our legal obligations to process and submit your data to public authorities (for example NRA) in relation to the requirements of tax and accounting legislation;
- we may need to process your data in order to protect your (or third parties) vital interests;
- in some cases (for example after termination of the contractual relationship with you) the processing of some of your personal data (telephone, e-mail) may be based on your consent.
The following organizations / individuals will receive your personal information:
In view of the specifics of your legal case, in pursuance of contract for legal assistance signed between us, we will use the personal information you provide us only for the protection of your interests, but where necessary (and in compliance with legal requirements), your personal data may also be disclosed at:
- Judiciary bodies – Courts, Prosecutor’s Office etc;
- Executive authorities – Police, ministries, agencies, etc;
- Experts – by appointed court expertise;
- Public authorities – e.g. NRA, municipalities, social services, agencies and others upon inquiries, submission of declarations, applications, requests, certificates, preparation of reports, etc;
- Public registers – e.g. Registry Agency, Commercial Register etc;
- Notaries, public and private enforcement agents;
- Third parties – attorneys of the other party;
- To other attorneys – only when we have your express consent for re-authorization;
- To our law assistants – these are employees of the Law Firm with whom we have an employment contract and have engaged with confidentiality clause;
- Accounting services company – in connection with the preparation of accounting documents;
As an exception, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties as follows:
It may be transferred as an asset in connection with a corporate reorganization or other changes in corporate structure of our firm.
It may be provided to service providers to assist us in processing your data – an accounting company, a courier company, a translation and legalization agency (with a view to delivering shipments relating to you and in connection with your contract).
Service providers are not permitted to retain for their own or personal benefit personal information and to keep it for longer than is necessary to provide the service.
Your personal data may only be disclosed to public authorities (for example, law enforcement agencies, for detecting and preventing crimes and violations) only when provided for by law and under the conditions set out therein.
Transfers of personal data to third countries or international organizations
DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAWYER does not intend to transfer your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent, unless the specificity of the task entrusted requires such a transfer and the guarantees under Articles 44-46 of the Regulation(EU) 2016/679 will be respected.
How long we keep personal data
DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAW FIRM keeps your personal data provided in connection with a legal protection and assistance provided to you for a period of 5 years after the performance of the contract for the purposes of protecting the legal interests of the Law Firm as well as your legal interests, in legal or administrative disputes.
The accounting documents are kept for the relevant period set in the law.
DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAW FIRM notifies you in case the data retention period is necessary to be extended in order to fulfill a regulatory obligation or in view of the protection of our legitimate interests or otherwise.
Your rights as a data subject are as follows:
At any time, while storing or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- you have the right to request a copy of your personal data from DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA Law firm and right of access to your personal data at any time;
- you have the right to request from DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA Law Firm your personal data in a form convenient for transfer to another data controller, or to request that we do so without being hindered by us;
- you have the right to request DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAW FIRM to correct, without undue delay, your inaccurate personal data as well as data that are no longer updated;
- You have the right to request DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAW FIRM to delete your personal data without undue delay, on any of the following grounds:
o personal data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected;
o when you have withdrawn your consent, if the personal data was given on this basis;
o when you object to the processing,
o when processing is unlawful;
o where personal data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation under EU or Member State law that applies to us as a data controller;
o when personal data have been collected in connection with the provision of information society services.
We may refuse to delete your personal information for the following reasons:
o when exercising the right to freedom of expression and the right to information;
o to comply with a legal obligation on our part or to perform a task of public interest,
o in the exercise of official powers conferred on us;
o for reasons of public interest in the field of public health;
o for purposes of archiving in the public interest, for scientific or historical research or for statistical purposes, to the extent that deletion is likely to make it impossible or severely difficult to achieve the purposes of such processing;
o or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have the right to request DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAW FIRM to limit the processing of your personal data, in which case the data will only be stored but not processed. Our refusal to restrict will only be express in writing and we must justify it for a legitimate reason;
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by a separate request made to us;
- You have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing (unsolicited advertising);
- you have the right to object to automatic processing, including profiling;
- you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing involving profiling;
- If we use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this data protection statement, we will provide you with a new data protection notice and, when and where necessary, will require your prior consent for the new processing.
All the above requests will be forwarded if there is a third party (recipients, including non-EU and international organizations) when processing your personal data.
You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority
You have the right to file a complaint directly with the supervisory authority, with the Bulgarian Data Protection Commission being the competent authority for Bulgaria:
Commission for Personal Data Protection
Sofia – 1592, Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov ”№ 2
Information and Contact Center – tel. 02 / 91-53-518
If you wish to file a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data through DONCHEV, ZAMFIROVA, MARINOVA LAW FIRM, you can do so by contacting the Law firm by using the contact details set above.
Last updated: 1 May 2020.